1951 Pontiac Chieftan Deluxe Convertible
There were 8 distinct body styles available in 1951 the hardtop coupe and convertible were only available in deluxe trim they rode on a 120” wheelbase chassis. This one comes with like new 7.10x15 wide white wall tires. A Pontiac tradition was the packaging of the accessories into groups. This great example has the factory Basic Group including the Venti-Heat underseat heater and defroster, the Chieftain 7-tube radio, back-up lights, turn signals and a non-glare rear view mirror along with the Appearance Group consisting of fender “skirts”, the lighted hood ornament, No-Mar fuel door guard, and the deluxe steering wheel. The Protection Group bought the grille guard front and rear bumper guards. This 268 CID straight 8 has 121 horses and comes with the popular Hydra-Matic with a 3.63:1 axle. This great example is finished in Malibu Ivory and Tan top with Red and Tan Leather interior. The chrome and stainless are superb along with the fit and finish of all body panels. When is the last time you saw one of these? Especially this nice!
- Finished in mirror gloss Malibu Ivory
- Immaculate Tan Cloth top and Red and Tan Leather interior
- Nicely Detailed 268 CID Straight 8 with 121 Horsepower
- The power is channeled through a smooth shifting Hydramatic Transmission
- Finger Tip Control Power Top
- Full Factory Gauges and original Clock are in the dash
- Excellent carpet and door panels
- There are optional bumpers guards front and rear along with back up lights
- On the hood is the famous Pontiac Lighted Indian head that works
- Optional Steel Fender Skirts in Body Color
- The exhaust is a full system that is whisper quiet
- All the stainless and chrome are in great condition including distinctive Pontiac 5 Bar hood and trunk lid trim
- Driver's Side Chrome Outside Rearview Mirrors and No Mar Fuel Door Trim
- Rock Solid Trunk with Good Carpet, Jack, and Spare Wheel
- Push Button AM Radio in the dash
- Contact to the road is handled with like new 7.10-15 Wide White Wall Bias Ply tires
- This one was built in the Linden New Jersey Plant and looks like it just left the floor
- Here is an opportunity to enjoy a Classic American convertible with outstanding comfort and drivability. And it's ready today!
- Not many were ever produced and when is the last time you saw one this nice?
268 In Line 8