1951 Buick Roadmaster 4 Door Sedan
The Roadmaster had long been the bench mark for the Buick line and received a major restyling after the war in 1949. This restyle resulted in the Roadmaster being a little shorter in length and wheelbase but actually a bit heavier than its predecessor. It was still powered by the original 320 CID I8 with the horsepower pumped up to 150 and a top speed of 110 mph. The one memorable styling cue that was added was the “VentiPorts” in the hood that became the symbol for Buick luxury and power throughout the 50s. This one family owned example is a true time capsule of early post war style and engineering. It is an original car, with one repaint, that comes with some of the original purchase documents and receipts. Also included is the cover for the War Bond that was cashed to buy the car along with original receipt for the sale, not to mention the factory issued tags for the wiper controls, the tag to let the owner know the oil and tire instructions were in the glove box, and the instructions, as they are, for the Rochester Cigar Lighter. Along with the original Owner ID card, Delco Battery Warranty, Dynaflow instruction booklet, Buick Owner Service Policy, and a receipt from the insurance company with listed coverages for 1955. This fabulous original car has only 36500 miles on the odometer. For any Buick collector this may not be the rarest of the line but it sure is one of the most original and nicely documented we have ever seen.
- Finished in original Green and Calumet Cream
- The interior is of course the original Green cloth with tutone green dash and tutone Gray door panels
- Original undetailed engine bay houses the 320 CID Straight 8 with 150 Horsepower
- The power is channeled through a smooth shifting original Dynaflow Transmission
- In the dash is the original AM radio and stem wind clock along with factory gauges
- Extremely nice original carpet and door panels
- The bumpers front and rear along with the side body trim are in great shape
- The hood is adorned with the trademark Gun Sight Hood Ornament along with the 4 VentiPorts that represented the exhaust of WWII fighter plane
- There is the 110 MPH speedometer and only 36k original miles on the odometer
- The exhaust is a full system that is whisper quiet
- The wheels are original steel with full Buick Script hubcaps
- The only concession to modern day are the white wall radial tires
- Rock Solid Trunk with Good Carpet, Jack, and Spare Wheel
- Not that many were produced and when is the last time you saw one this original and with the owner history?