Mustang Cobra Pace Car
1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Pace Car Convertible
The top-of-the-line Mustang in 1994 was the Cobra, which featured more power, bigger tires, bigger brakes, and a revised suspension that made it the ultimate factory Mustang. And because of its near-revolutionary changes, the Cobra convertible was selected to pace the 1994 Indianapolis 500. Ford built 1000 pace car replicas.
A big part of the Cobras uniqueness is due to the revised 5.0 liter V8 engine, which was rated at 240 horsepower. Thanks to revised GT40 heads, a new intake manifold with revised runners, a different camshaft, roller rockers, a bigger throttle body, larger fuel injectors, and a revised engine calibration, it was notably more powerful than the standard 5.0 and worked better at high RPM than the base engine.
This is a rare machine, and getting more rare as time passes. You're likely in one of two categories: either you see this as an investment towards a time when even fewer are available on the market, and the nostalgia grows, or you see this for the exciting, fun-to-drive beast that it is. Either way, this machine is a rare treat, and your chance to own one has finally arrived! Treat yourself!
• 5.0L V8 with revised GT40 Heads
• 5-Speed Manual driving 8.8-inch 3.08 ratio rear axle with limited slip
• Cobra 13-inch front discs with 2-piston PBR calipers
• Cobra 11-inch rear discs
• Clean Comfortable and Mint-Condition Tan Leather Interior
• Indianapolis 500 logos embroidered into seat backs
• Custom Cobra-logo floor mats
• Rack & Pinion Power Steering
• Full lightweight exhaust
• Factory AM/FM/Cassette/CD Player
• Power Top, Windows, Locks, Dual Airbags
• Water Temp and Oil Pressure gauges
• Factory Roll Bar
5.0 Liter V8