Barracuda Formula S
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S Fastback
Before there was the legendary Hemi Cuda, there was the Barracuda that put Chrysler smack dab in the middle of the Pony Car race. Based on the venerable Valiant platform the sleek Barracuda gave new meaning to “predator fish”. Available with everything from the basic inline 6 cylinder and progressively up to the Chrysler big blocks this radical design became one of the most unique Pony Cars of the day. In 1967 Plymouth massaged the body lines to give both the fastback and coupe more updated style and with the performance enhancements available; if you checked the right boxes you could have a very substantial car for the street. This particular example is the rare and desirable Formula S, (code F7 on the fender tag), Fastback with a 383 V8 and a 4speed transmission and is a riot to drive. The power is smooth and exhilarating it shifts easily and goes down the road straight and true. The underside is solid and the paint is much better than average. The interior is like new and the brakes, tires, and suspension are all in great shape. If you're looking for a fun car to drive without having to sacrifice a limb or two this one is on the money.
- Strong era correct 383 V8 with a Demon 4V carb and MSD ignition
- Solid fully synchronized 4 speed transmission with Hurst Shifter
- The rear end is a posi 3.23 to 1
- Factory Correct Steering Wheel and Performance Hood with Inserts
- Performance Tuned Dual Exhaust through Headers with Chrome Tips
- Factory correct Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes in great shape
- Finished in Freshly Buffed and Bright Blue Metallic code 881
- Factory correct Tachometer the dash that works
- Very Nice Vinyl Blue Bucket Seat Interior with custom embroidery in the head rests and rear seat backs, newer carpets
- Correct AM Radio in the dash
- Full factory Instrumentation
- Nicely detailed engine bay and trunk with mat
- Slotted Alloy Wheels with 185/70R14 front and 245/60R15 rear blackwall radials
- Very good Chrome, Glass, and Stainless trim throughout the car with brand new bumpers front and rear
- This is a body style you don't see very often anymore and with the performance this one puts out you can't help but smile when you're cruising
- Here is the fender tag decode
- BH29-CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
- 62-ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
- 3-TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
- TIRES: Unknown tire code
- 228-BUILD DATE: February 28th
- 48-AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
- HCW-INTERIOR: High Trim Grade White on Black Interior.
- 881 PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
- B-Black Upper Door Frame Color.
- D9: Front Disk Brakes
- F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
- M2: Unknown Option
- T7: Tachometer
Bright Blue Metallic