1938 LaSalle 2 Door 5 window opera coupe Model 50-5027
For those not familiar with the LaSalle automobile, it is essentially the “Little Brother” to the GMs flagship line, Cadillac. General Motors' market segmentation strategy placed each of the company's individual automobile marques into specific price ranges, called the General Motors Companion Make Program. The Chevrolet was designated as the entry level product. Next, (in ascending order), came the Pontiac, Oakland, Oldsmobile, Viking, Marquette, Buick, LaSalle, and Cadillac. The LaSalle line was named after the French explorer that opened up the Upper Mississippi Valley to Europeans. Only made from 1927-1940 LaSalle's are a very rare bird indeed . Only 2710 coupes were made in 38. So, if you're looking for something a little different and unique but still a classic American piece of automotive history don't hesitate. This one is a bargain today!
- Cadillac's "Ninety Degree V-8", making the car fast, while its smaller 322 size made it sportier and more agile, smooth
- Smooth Shifting “Selective Syncromesh” 3 Speed Transmission with Column Shifter
- Four Wheel Hydraulic Brakes
- Full Single Exhaust System that is quiet and solid
- Finished in Mirror Gloss Silver Ghost
- Very nice Correct Honey Pin Stripe silver grey cloth interior with carpet.
- Correct “Bakelite” Three Spoke Banjo Steering Wheel
- Matched Wide White Wall size 6.50x16 Bias Ply Tires
- Painted 16 inch Welded Wheels with small hubcaps
- Full factory In Dash Instrumentation with 110 MPH speedometer only showing 51454 miles, correct radio and clock
- Driver's Side outside rear view mirror
- Dual Fender Mounted Tail Lights
- Beautiful Chrome Lady hood ornament that also acts as the hood opener to the alligator style hood/li>
- Nicely detailed to original Engine Bay and trunk with mat and spare
- Front Bumper Over Rider and rear “Bumperettes” protect the Lasalle logo Bumper
- Little older restore that still looks good today
- This 1938 LaSalle 5 window coupe has very nice paint, chrome and very solid underbody . Believed actual miles but unknown . Radio and clock do not work . A great runner and driving car , and very, very rare piece of Automotive History.